Because The Internet



Seriously, why did I renew this domain? Might as well.

I haven't been blogging for awhile now because I've decided to just be more ~~personal~~ with my life. Now don't get me wrong, I love the internet, but ever since high school, everything about me is written on a blog somewhere. Most are dead links, some still clickable (I'm looking at you Myspace and Tumblr). There's just too much oversharing that has happened between my life and the internet and I've decided to just put a stop on it because seriously, who cares.

I'm sure no one had a life-changing moment when reading about how I transitioned into puberty as this awkward high-schooler about to enter college life in UP. I had some good times changing the background music of my blog which was always a choice between My Chemical Romance and Panic at the disco. Visitors of my old blog enjoyed hovering a cursor customized into a black and pink electric guitar that shit glitters as you hover along. And talk about that marquee feature right? So lit!

I am always thankful that I've been active online early on. If not for my online friends, I would have never ended up working for Social Media and I would never be where I am right now. It's really funny how things work out!

Eventually, being online do take its toll on you. I feel like I was too online and forgot what it was like in the real world. My brain operated on conspiracy theories from 4chan threads. It felt like everyone was talking but no one was listening. I just wanted to disconnect.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, I've been living a more private life nowadays and I am enjoying the solitude. I blame ageing. I have never felt more grown-up in my life. Gone are the days when I would livetweet how drunk I was somewhere (wait, I still do this). I feel like I'm at the peak of my maturity. Behold world as I transition into this woman!

Most days, you'll find me online on Facebook or on Twitter, quoting Kendrick or Gambino like the black person that I am. I also snapchat myself doing the groceries. Riveting stuff, I tell ya. It's been chill and I love it. I guess it's really true that when you grow up, you just learn to drift by and learn the art of "kebs."

Anyway, reviving this thing because I am in that cliche phase where I feel like I need to write more. May 2016 be more creative than 2015 (which was probably the year I slept the most).


Comments

Popular Posts