Of Passing Through



A dear friend, Claren Torres, left us last August. No one saw it coming. He was so young and talented and charming. We loved him so much and up to now, we are still in disbelief. I miss his presence but I will ultimately miss the stories we could've had if he was still with us.

I would like to hear the story of Claren getting drunk with us at Ad Cong 2014 and how he danced to the newest Britney single. I'm sure that would have been loads of fun. I will miss having stories with Claren in it because I know he would've made our own stories better.

You can say that 2013 was the year I discovered how finite everything was. How death is just around the corner, waiting for any one of my family, friends, or me. Honestly, I sometimes have problem sleeping because I can't stop worrying about the looming end. I know I shouldn't because it's useless to worry about something you can't control. Well that's me, overthinking everything.

I obviously can't do anything about life ending soon for me and for everyone so better make the most out of it. I will just lose sleep and be filled with anxiety. Life is too short and sweet to live in fear.

With that, my 2014 resolution would be to have/make more stories about how life was fantastic. I will end each year with a bucket full of the greatest stories with family, with friends, and even random strangers. Stories filled with crazy dancing and laughter. Stories about old and new friends. Stories about the good and the bad of lucks. Travel will also be a priority. I want to travel and meet people and get to know them and hear their stories.

I want to be able to say that I truly have lived my life (no matter how corny it sounds). I want to appreciate everyone and tell them about it. I want to be able to make a mark in people's lives, even if it's just a very small dent. I will not let a minute go to waste. I will be crazy but I will be happy.

We're all just passing through. Better make it a trip that's one for the books.

Comments

Popular Posts