On Complacency


Disclaimer: Blogged right after watching The Carrie Diaries so I'm imagining a voice-over as I type this. 

2 weeks from now, I'll be leaving my most favorite workplace and my most favorite people. My very first (digital) advertising agency, I might add. It's been a wonderful almost 2 years of my life. One that includes me resigning the first time and coming back just after 2 months. This time, I have to say, there's no turning back.


If I were to be given a choice, I would just stay forever. I'm in that place where I am so comfortable at where I am that moving/changing something would just terrify the hell out of me. I value how happy I am in my current job, but then again, we can't be immobile forever.

At 23, I know I am headed somewhere to do bigger and better things. I don't know exactly what that is but I always have and always will follow this vision. I have set goals for myself so I could be where I want to be when I turn 30. It is terrifying and exciting at the same time for I know I am in for a ride.

Again, everything that I want to do in life and everything that I hope to become is all because of a dream for a better life. Whenever I get tired from work and having to do away with my social life, I always go back to that time when we couldn't afford anything. Times when I couldn't pay for class field trips so I had to be left behind. When I had to sell my camera to finish my thesis. I remember being the last person in my class to not own a microwave (and not knowing how it works!). I know not owning a microwave is not the most horrible situation and I know some people have it worse than I do but that's not my point. I don't ever want to go back to fearing if we need to sell something just to be able to enroll the next semester. It's not the best feeling in the world.

I know something big is out there, waiting, as cliche as it may sound. I am more than afraid, shaking even, but I will stop being complacent and I will move my fat ass to where I should be going.


Comments

Popular Posts