Lugang Cafe: Xiao Long Bao

Disclaimer: I am not a foodie. I am just a regular, overeating person who eats yummy food when bored. I'll try my best to create a decent review of one of my favorite restaurants ever because I SUPER LOVE THEM. 

I have always been in love with Chinese food (and boys), specifically, Xiao Long Bao or Steamed Soup Dumplings. It's basically a dumpling with soup inside. It's eaten with a ceramic soup spoon so the soup won't spill when you bite. I really can't explain much about how it tastes like. You have to try it yourself to know why Xiao Long Bao is not to miss.

The Top ten Xiao Long Bao restos in Manila by Spot.ph is one list I plan on finishing. So far, I've only eaten at  Lugang Cafe at Greenhills, #2 on the list. 188 pesos for 7 pieces of Xiao Long Bao is not bad at all.


Hi friendly staff of Lugang!

OH EM GEE

After that first bite, there was no going back. We ordered two more plates (and we were just three people) and contemplated on ordering a 4th. It was the best Xiao Long Bao I've ever had the chance of eating. The soup inside the dumpling was overwhelmingly delicious. The vinegar and ginger combo that goes with each order was super duper good. It was a sex party in my mouth. It was like eating with Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di Caprio on a yacht. It was like being promoted to CEO.  IT WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD OKAY.

I know this is not a really good review. I have no ability of describing food in food blogger speak. To make up for it, here's an artsy photo of the Xiao Long Bao we ordered.


So please do try it. You won't regret it. If you're planning on eating at Lugang Cafe soon, please don't hesitate to tweet me (@tin_rementilla) and I'll gladly eat with you.

What other Xiao Long Bao places do you recommend? Let me know. :)

Pardon the photos I took using my iPhone. I was too hungry and excited to eat. 

Lugang Cafe on Facebook
Lugang Cafe Website
Lugang Cafe on Munchpunch

Popular Posts